Success with Kybella
We have talked about Kybella a few times on our blogs and clearly it is one of our favorite treatments! The science, benefits, and results are enough to create a believer but what about post procedure? What about before? Did you know that you can pair more than one procedure? Sometimes, with everything available out there, a treatment plan for your aesthetic goals can be a little overwhelming. Here, we offer some recommendations on maximizing the success of your Kybella treatment as well as how to combine Kybella with other services for superior results.
Kybella treatments are non-invasive and have little to zero downtime. We recommend the following steps in order to keep it that way.
Before your procedure
- To minimize bruising or bleeding, eliminate the use of Aspirin, Ibeuprophen, Ginko Biloba, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin E and other fatty acids for about a week prior to treatment.
- Consult with your doctor about medications you are taking.
- Avoid high sodium foods, sugary foods, alcohol, caffeine or any other substance that may induce swelling.
- Get your treatment 2-3 weeks before any major events as swelling may take a bit to subside completely.
After your procedure
- Do not massage or rub the treatment area
- Ice is your best friend! Ice the area in 20-30-minute intervals for about 24 hours
- If possible sleep on your back for 3-5 days
- Avoid excessive sun and heat exposure for 3-5 days
Talk to us about the following treatments to maximize your Kybella results!
– Kybella destroys fat cells and they then exit the body through the lymphatic system. Three to four weeks post treatment, we highly recommend a lymphatic facial massage. The “Detox Facial” offered by Beautique stimulates lymphatic drainage and detoxing. This relaxing and contouring facial can help speed up the Kybella process as well as give your face a beautiful glow AND release endorphins. Yes! We enjoy this facial so much that we blogged about. Check it out in the archives here: BLOG Archives: Lymphatic Facial Massage
– Whenever a portion of fat is removed from the body, the skin has to bounce back. Depending on factors such as age, skin elasticity, and collagen quality, our skin may not always bounce back the way we want it to. Sometimes, submental fullness is caused by excess skin itself. If Kybella rids your neck of fat but you still have excess skin, we recommend adding Thermage to tighten the area and stimulate collagen production. Thermage uses radio frequencies to stimulate collagen and shrink back the skin We recommend Thermage first so that you can get Kybella right away, but if you receive Kybella first then you would need to wait a couple of weeks before getting Thermage. We have written about this dynamic duo before! Destroy the fat and tighten up that skin with Kybella + Thermage – you can read more here BLOG Archives: The Dynamic Duo Kybella + Thermage
Ultra Slim or 3Deep
– If you have excessive amount of fat under your chin, you can combine fat eliminating treatments if they are done in the correct way. For example, treat with Ultra Slim (light therapy fat destroyer) and then, after sufficient time, use Kybella to spot treat, or vise versa. Your beauty expert at Beautique can come up with the right plan for you in order to meet all of your goals. As you have probably guessed, we have blogged about UltraSlim too! Read more about it here: BLOG Archives: UltraSlim – Shed up to 2 Inches in an Hour!
Kybella’s success rate and efficiency in treating submental fat, make it one of the most valuable and successful treatments out there. If you have additional questions feel free to contact the spa. We’ve got answers! Contact Us