Reveal Your Radiance: A Guide to Fraxel Laser Skin Resurfacing
A Noticeably Younger Looking You Without Surgery
Fraxel laser skin resurfacing is a popular cosmetic procedure that can help you achieve a more radiant complexion. We’re born with smooth, soft, evenly colored skin, but as we age there are certain events we experience that can lead to a change in skin texture and color. That’s why we love Fraxel because like you, Fraxel is an original. Since 2004 this one-of-a-kind non-ablative fractional technology has remained one of the most popular fractional treatments available in the market today. And just like neurotoxins, not all Fraxel devices are created equal and only the device from Solta can be called Fraxel. With its dual wavelengths, it’s designed to create a younger-looking appearance in as little as one treatment without surgery or injections. This treatment is exceptionally effective at improving tone, texture, and radiance for aging, sun-damaged, or scarred skin. It is for you if you want to look younger without severe changes or extended downtime.
Who is Fraxel For- and is it good for Reversing Acne Scarring?
Fraxel is our “go-to” treatment when we are trying to improve tone, texture, and radiance in dull, dehydrated, or aging skin. It’s amazing at rejuvenating sun-damaged or scarred skin. Here are the most popular concerns we use Fraxel for:
- Surface Scarring- Whether you suffered from acne during adolescence, (and even adulthood) or know someone who did, Fraxel is one of the only treatments available that helps to erase the effects of acne and other scarring such as stretch marks from pregnancy. Others may sustain scars from surgery or injury.
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles- we use Fraxel to reverse the signs of fine lines and wrinkles such as the crow’s feet and brow lines, adding Fraxel to your Botox treatments will give you next-level results.
- Pigmentation– This technology is amazing at getting that superficial pigment to clear by resurfacing your skin. When treating Pigment cases we always use the VISIA to analyze your skin and create a plan that targets pigment/melanin at the root cause and help to eliminate the root cause using the right lasers, products and then make sure to erase all traces of the pigment with the Fraxel leaving you with smooth, radiant skin.
- Sun Damage- helps improve the appearance of sun-damaged skin, and just like treating pigment, we will get to the root of the problem and make sure that your whole plan includes sun protection and after-care treatments that will help keep the evidence of sun damage to the bare minimum. Don’t forget about treating other sun-exposed areas such as your hands and chest.
- Actinic Keratosis (AK)- also known as chicken bumps, if you have them, you know what we’re talking about. Those annoying little bumps on the upper arms that make them look bumpy and red. Fraxel along with a VI Peel and home care products that include glycolic can help you get arms you’ll want to show off. No more cardis needed.
BEAUTIQUE RESULTS THAT MATTER
What is the Fraxel Dual Laser and How Does it Work?
Fractional laser resurfacing also referred to as non-ablative laser resurfacing is a non-invasive, non-surgical procedure designed to reduce the appearance of skin scars, blemishes, and fine lines that accompany aging. Remember how we mentioned that the Fraxel is the original? What sets it apart is that the Fraxel Dual 1550/1927 laser treatment targets aging and sun-damaged skin with microscopic laser columns that penetrate deep into your skin expediting your body’s collagen remodeling ability. And since this laser treats only a fraction of tissue at a time, it leaves the surrounding tissue intact, which as a result promotes very rapid healing. The Dual wavelengths resurface your skin by stimulating the growth of new, healthy skin cells from the inside out.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT LASER RESURFACING
How Fraxel Dual Laser Resurfacing is Different From Other Fractionated Laser Treatments.
The definition of fractional laser treatment is a non-invasive treatment that uses a device to deliver a laser beam divided into thousands of microscopic treatment zones that target a fraction of the skin at a time, similar to a photographic image being enhanced or altered pixel by pixel. The end goal is to reduce lines and wrinkles as well as age spots. Basically, the microscopic laser columns penetrate the target tissue and deep travel below to invigorate the skin to renew its own collagen production. Since only the targeted tissue is addressed at the moment, the underlying tissue around you is left unharmed, accelerating the healing process and making the procedure reasonably short. But, if you want youthful, smooth, clear skin the Fraxel Dual treatment is what you need because it resurfaces your skin by stimulating the growth of new, healthy skin cells from the inside out. We are the only practice in the Rio Grande Valley to offer the Fraxel Dual, and we chose this device specifically because having two wavelengths allows our skin experts to customize your treatment by switching back and forth wavelengths to micro-target certain conditions such as pigment while helping your body speed up collagen remodeling for the overall youthful look you desire, with the least amount of downtime!
One Laser, Two Wavelengths: Your Original Results
1927NM for Pigment
Traditionally, one of the hardest things to treat, but one of the biggest concerns our clients have is the pigmentation- from sun spots, freckles, or melasma. By using the 1927nm wavelength we can easily treat multiple sites off the face, including neck, chest, hands, and arms- and we can treat all skin colors and types!
1550 NM for Resurfacing
The other part of the Fraxel DUAL is the 1550nm erbium non-ablative fractional resurfacing component. This wavelength goes a little deeper to treat wrinkles, acne scars, improve and smooth texture and tone. And here’s the best part: the skin gets better and better as collagen rebuilds over the next several months.
What Fraxel Laser Resurfacing Can Do For YOU
As established the Fraxel® Dual is basically two lasers in one which is ideal to rejuvenate
sun damage, acne scars, and surgical scars by improving the tone, texture, and radiance of the skin.
The convenience of a SINGLE Fraxel laser treatment in the hands of our skin specialists that are highly trained in identifying your concerns and recommend the best treatment for you will give you the radiance you want.
Following a Fraxel Dual treatment you may experience:
✔ Increased Collagen Production ✔ Natural Results
✔ Softening of the Skin ✔ Minimal Discomfort
✔ Improved Elasticity ✔ Little to No Downtime
✔ Reduced Blemishes ✔ Rejuvenated Appearance
The Ideal Candidate for Fraxel Laser Resurfacing
Individuals with minor surface blemishes and wrinkles are good candidates for Fraxel laser resurfacing. Fraxel treatment has no restrictions related to age, skin tone, or skin type. Fraxel treatment can be done in the face, neck, chest, and hands.
During your complimentary consultation, our skin specialists will help you determine if Fraxel is ideal for you.
Get Results You Deserve
While we see great improvement after one treatment, depending on what you’re trying to treat, you may need multiple Fraxel sessions or combination treatment. We wish we could tell you that we have a magic wand that can reverse years of damage in one session, but you know that’s not possible. Just like with most things, usually, multiple sessions are most beneficial, but you can be sure that Beautique Medical Spa is the only practice in the McAllen area with the experience and technology available to help you achieve the skin of your dreams. Our team will always provide you with the best options and treatment plan after performing a VISIA analysis to see what would give your skin the best results.