Laser Hair Removal Do’s & Don’ts
If you’re tired of the daily battle with your razor that leaves you looking like you’ve gone ten rounds with a wildcat, then it’s time to consider laser hair removal. Say goodbye to the bumps, nicks, and cuts that have become an all too familiar part of your shaving routine. Laser hair removal offers a permanent solution that will leave your skin as smooth as a baby’s bottom (minus the diaper rash).
But before you jump on the laser bandwagon, let me give you a friendly reminder. This is still a medical procedure we’re talking about here! Sure, it may seem like magic zapping away those pesky hairs. But there are risks involved just like with any other treatment. So don’t be fooled by all those infomercials promising flawless results without mentioning the potential side effects. After all, they’re trying to sell you something!
We’re here to give you some helpful do’s and don’ts that will ensure you have the best experience possible.
Here are Four Laser Do’s
1. Do Consult a Qualified Physician – Be cautious of non-physicians practicing these procedures in spas and salons. Only physicians and trained technicians should be performing a procedure.
Our team of Laser Hair Removal experts have received extensive training and are certified by Lumenis (the laser hair removal technology we use). It is important to go to a highly trained professional for these kinds of laser treatments. It is still possible to damage the skin if not used correctly.
2. Do Ask Questions – What kind of lasers do they use? What kind of training or experience do they have? Can you speak with one of their clients? If the person performing the procedure can’t answer these simple questions, walk away.
3. Do Undergo a Skin Test – If you are nervous about how the laser may interact with the skin, ask for a skin test to ensure there will be no adverse side effects.
4. Do Ensure the Technician Has Experience With Different Skin Types – People of a darker complexion may experience unusual lightening of the skin if an incorrect laser is used at an inappropriate setting.
Avoid These Three Laser Don’ts
When it comes to preparing for your appointment, there are a few important things to keep in mind.
1. Don’t Tan Before or After a Procedure – Sun exposure prior to treatment can interfere with the absorption of laser light and may cause unusual lightening of the skin. Artificial tanning lotions should definitely be avoided because the perceived darker pigmentation may also interfere with the absorption of the laser on the skin causing unusual burns and bumps.
Additionally, it’s essential that you discontinue any treatments that may increase skin sensitivity, such as chemical peels or waxing, at least two weeks prior to your session.
2. Don’t Seek Laser Treatments for Blonde or White Hair – Because laser responds to darker-pigmented hair follicles, laser treatments are not as effective in treating lighter-colored hair. Patients with this type of hair should consider other methods of hair removal.
3. Don’t Undergo Laser Procedures If You Take Light-Sensitive Medication – Last, but not least some medications may interfere with laser procedures, making the skin more susceptible to burning and scarring. Consult a physician before undergoing any laser treatment.
Finally, by adhering to these do’s and don’ts of laser hair removal, you’ll pave the way for outstanding results and a smooth journey towards silky-smooth skin!
Experience the Magic of Smooth Skin with Laser Hair Removal in McAllen
If you’re tired of the never-ending cycle of shaving and want to enjoy a summer free from hassle, laser hair removal might just be the solution for you. By scheduling a Get to Know You Consultation with one of our highly skilled laser technicians, you can learn more about this innovative and effective treatment. Imagine all the time and effort you’ll save by saying goodbye to daily shaving routines. And hello to smooth, hair-free skin. Don’t wait any longer – take the first step towards a carefree summer by booking your consultation today!
Call or text our Guest Relations Manager at (956) 664-1234 today. We will get you on your way to becoming hair free.
"*" indicates required fields