Botox and Jeuveau, Which Is a Better Choice for You?
Jeuveau also known as ‘Newtox’ is the latest botulinum toxin to hit the market and it’s being touted as a cheaper, more modern alternative to other neurotoxins. This is the fourth FDA-approved neurotoxin – Dysport, Xeomin, and Botox are others you may have heard of. Botox is considered the gold standard and the most requested neurotoxin for nearly a decade. Nevertheless, since Jeuveau arrived on the marketplace, we’ve seen its popularity rise and many are curious as to whether or not to try it. We’re here to tell you – yes, you definitely should!
Here’s a breakdown of Jeuveau vs Botox to help you decide which is right for you.
Jeuveau: The Newest Treatment for Wrinkles
Jeuveau is an FDA-approved injectable used to temporarily improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Cosmetically approved to treat your frown lines, crow’s feet, and laugh lines. And also off-label usages such as treating neck bands, bunny lines, and lip flip. Designated with its’ own hashtag #newtox – it’s positioned itself as an affordable alternative to Botox for younger-than-average patients seeking to treat early signs of aging. After all, as we have mentioned before, when starting your anti-aging journey with neuromodulators, it is most effective when starting in your early 20s or 30s. To learn more read or blog on how often treatments are really needed.
But is Jeuveau as good as the gold standard, Botox, and what is the difference between Jeuveau and Botox? Beautique Medical Spa is one of the first medical spas in the Rio Grande Valley to offer Jeuveau because Dr. Sanchez realized that there was something missing. No doubt you’ve heard of the term “Baby Botox”, it’s very popular on social media, and among celebrities, and I’ve even seen local med spas promote this term.
The truth is there is no such thing as “Baby Botox”, basically that client is just not getting as many units because they’re looking for a softer result that allows them to have more facial movement. We find this request mostly among our younger clients (20s to early 30s).
But What Works Better? Botox or Jeuveau? Here’s the Difference.
Jeuveau works in the same way as Botox. Briefly relaxing the muscles that cause facial wrinkles to form, smoothing expression lines, and giving you a younger and rejuvenated look.
Other similarities between Botox & Jeuveau include:
•Treatment takes 15-20 minutes
•Full results are visible in 7 -14 days
•On average results last 3 – 6 months
•Side effects include tenderness, swelling, redness, headache, and/or bruising) – this will subside within a few hours
The differences include:
Because Botox is FDA approved for both aesthetics and medical purposes they must follow strict government guidelines for dosing and treatment.
• Over 11 million people worldwide have gotten Botox Cosmetic to help provide smooth, line-free skin for 20 years.
• Botox is the only product in this category that has FDA approval to treat migraines and is also used to treat excessive sweating in the hands, feet, and underarms.
Jeuveau is only marketed to help eliminate lines and wrinkles in the face for cosmetic purposes. Since Jeuveau was developed for aesthetic purposes only, Evolus, the makers of Jeuveau, is not restricted by government reimbursement which is why they have the flexibility to offer this injectable at a cheaper price – hooray for affordable anti-wrinkle treatments!
Is Jeuveau for me?
Got some pesky lines you’d like to send packing, but don’t know which product you should choose? Can we offer a little bit of advice? Please…never choose a treatment based solely on price. Instead, base your decision on expertise. Ultimately, who you choose to trust comes down to personal preference along with the provider’s expertise. As McAllen’s newest consulting medical spa for Jeuveau – aka ‘Newtox’, we’d love to meet you and chat about your concerns and what you expect from your treatment.
Our practice has been helping McAllen residents love their reflections. And together, our injectors have over 80 years of combined experience and training so you’ll know you are in safe hands no matter what treatment you decide to get. We really like Jeuveau because it provides a great option for younger or first-time neurotoxin patients. Especially if they are looking for a cost-effective option. Even though Jeuveau is typically less expensive than Botox we never recommend a product on price, we will make sure that we consider all of the patient’s concerns and requests before making a recommendation.
For example, a patient came in, and based on her age and esthetic preference she would be a perfect Jeuveau candidate, but during her consultation, our injector discovered that she suffered from regular migraines. Upon learning that, our injector recommended Botox because it would take care of both smoothing lines and wrinkles; as well as help her with the migraines. In the end, she not only loved her smooth, line-free skin, but she could live her life, migraine-free! Imagine how happy she was with being able to solve two concerns in one 15-minute visit!
Here are a few things to keep in mind when deciding if Jeuveau is right for you:
1. Jeuveau is a newer injectable on the market. So your injector may not have as much experience with it as they do with other products. Make sure to ask about their level of expertise before booking an appointment. Our Injectors at Beautique are extremely trained in both Botox and Jeuveau. So you don’t need to be concerned with their technique or experience.
2. Jeuveau treats the same cosmetic concerns as Botox. Meaning we can use it to smooth lines and wrinkles in the forehead, glabella, crow’s feet, masseter, bunny lines, chin, gums, and can give you a lip flip, etc. Just remember to share your goals and any medical concerns, such as migraines. Your injector can then determine if Jeuveau is the best option for you.
3. If you need results, like yesterday, you may want to try Jeuveau because it has a faster onset time. All neurotoxins have different timelines before you can experience the results. One main advantageous point that Jeuveau offers is that its onset time is 2-3 days compared to Botox which typically takes 5-7 days.
4. If you’re on a budget but want the benefits of anti-wrinkle treatment, Jeuveau could be a great option for you.
Even though you may be happy with your current neurotoxin and are curious to try Jeuveau to see how it compares; reserve a consultation with one of our expert injectors. There’s a possibility you may like your results even better with Jeuveau. If you’re not happy it is entirely possible to switch back to your original neurotoxin. Jeuveau has proven to be a great option for our first-time injection patients. To book a consultation call or text (956) 664-1234 or book online.
"*" indicates required fields